It turned out to be a fun but a little bit of a stressful day. :/ We recorded in our living room because of the high ceiling and took out the rug and a bunch of furniture.

Listening to a practice run

Anyone else want to listen??

Oh Em, what would we do w/o you??!

More listening

How does it sound?

Mug shot of the celloists. We had to record, listen and then move the cellos around to get the right sound. They were WAY too loud at first so we stuck them up in the kitchen.

We tuned several times....

A worn-out violist(who played the part on a violin! Good job Nina and Em!)

Poor Hillary....the song was really getting to her. We played and recorded Holy, Holy, Holy at least a hundred times , I think and we were SO tired of it!

Listening...

There were violins laying all over the floor

The recording device. It was put on a scarf to prevent it from picking up all the vibrations on the floor and all that good sort of stuff. :)

If you want to see more pix click
here
7 comments:
A CD!? Hey, I'm going to have to get my hands on a copy! :-D :-D :-D
Great Pics!
Wasn't that fun to do together and spend the day playing and replaying the songs?!
I was really excited to get the cd but to my dismay, I think it sounds really yucky.
Slide (Hillary)
It made great memories anyhow!
Soo cool!!
Hey when you play a viola part on a violin don't you have to be playing in 2nd position? Jw...
MISS YOU!!!
~Bethany
wv: flamanu
Hey Slidey! I agree that the cd is ummm....not very wonderful. The piano and flute sounded better than the strings anyways.
Chop
I remember making a music CD with Abbey and BOY WAS IT TOUGH!!!!!!!! Especially when we were recording inside of a church, during the summer, with windows open, next to a train track, and.....yep........a train went by in the middle of a song and we had to start All OVER! ARGH!
Anyway, so glad you guys had the opportunity to do this. Looks like it was a fun day. Maybe someday you will share your creation? ;)
Ah, it was fun, but I too am GLAD it is DONE (not the getting together part!), but I wasn't too happy with the results either.... And us cello's were STILL too loud! But anyway.... I love y'all! ~ Rose
Oh my! Except for all the necessary repetition, that looks like fun! ;)
Post a Comment