Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Day On The Farm

Our day begins with a beautiful sunrise spreading over the eastern sky.

Cows are waiting for us in their free stalls...

But even before the sun is up we're already milking.

The cows in the parlor now are lined up eight on each side.


When the milking is finished there are hungry babies to feed!
Teamwork on a summer day!
Great wash job buddy!

Some others are hungry too this morning
so we're loading up balage...

Yum!


Or on warm summer days they go out to pasture...

Daily chores range from grinding our own cow feed in this big grinder,
Hauling load after load of manure,
Enjoying a new baby,
Assembling a new calf hutch for it,
Watching someone love their work,


Or baling hay at the neighbors. This is always a treat!!

Time to feed that hay! "Ready, shove!"

Here's where it landed.:)

Bale on it's edge...

Cut the wrap...
Unwind the wrap, and unwind the hay the same way.
Midnight and Chugger love their round bale!

End of the day... boots and coats in place and we thank the Lord for the blessing of a farm!




Our seasons flip flopped rather quickly today but you get the idea! :)

7 comments:

The Pollock Family said...

SNOW and its almost March!! Never seen such a thing. I guess thats because we live in Florida :) I love the pics of the farm. When does it warm up there? It's been about 78 here this week and we're getting ready to plant the spring garden.

Isn't farm life grand?!

May the Lord continue to bless your family,

The Pollocks

Joy from the South said...

I love all the pictures! I think it's a great way to raise kids.

Amanda said...

Awesome post! I loved all the pictures and the account of your days.

The Sorta Zoo! said...

I love that post!!! Makes me want to come and help out!!! Miss you guys a TON...Angelina

The Sorta Zoo! said...

Miss you guys + LOVE the pix!!! - Rose

Margaret Dashwood said...

Aw, those are AWESOME pictures!! I soooo want to live on a farm!!!wahhhhh!!!!!:( well, maybe some day....miss you guys!!!:)-bethany

Melanie said...

Gorgeous photography! Thank you for a glimpse into farm life... :-)